Because Camp Tapawingo may not have the financial resources in our Camp Sponsorship Fund to accommodate an unlimited amount of applications for financial assistance, the Camp Board has established some general guidelines and policies around the program. Congregations and individual members of a congregation can make a donation to the camp and designate it for the Sponsorship Fund or to an individual camper(s) that is applying for assistance. The Board welcomes donations to this fund as it enables the camp to provide assistance to as many applicants as possible.
General Guidelines and Policies:
- To qualify for financial assistance, the camper’s registration form must be signed by a minister from the congregation or a leader from their community. Currently, it is at the discretion of the minister and the congregation to determine the need for financial assistance for the concerned camper (s).
- Assistance will be available for up to four (4) children/campers per congregation. Others may be considered at the discretion of the Board. A maximum of two (2) children per family will be accepted for financial assistance. Additional family members may be considered at the discretion of the Board.
- A child/camper who received financial assistance for the previous camp year is eligible for financial assistance the year immediately following.
- Financial assistance can also be obtained for a youth applying for the Counsellor-in-Training (CIT) Program. Please check with the Camp Registrar prior to submitting the application.
- Financial assistance from CT’s Sponsorship Fund is available for up to 50% of the camp registration cost for an individual camper/child. However, a congregation or an individual from a congregation can provide the remaining sponsorship or full sponsorship for a camper if they wish.
- For those receiving financial assistance, the $25 Early Bird Discount does not apply. Normally, a camper fee deduction for volunteer service may not be used in conjunction with financial assistance. Exceptions to this policy will be at the Board’s discretion.
- For families/campers who are applying for financial assistance, it is requested that the registration form be submitted (without initial payment) to the Camp Registrar prior to May 21st. The Board will then review the number of applicants requesting financial assistance along with the amount of money in our sponsorship fund. Applicants will then be notified as to the level of financial assistance provided and the amount owing the camp.